If you’ve had your eyes set on becoming a nail technician, you must also know the importance of getting to know the manicure and pedicure procedures and the tools utilized for the process. A professional nail technician cannot carry out any manicure and pedicure services without using the essential nail supplies needed for the procedure. However, for those new to the terms manicure and pedicure, it would be best to explain this process before advancing to the essential tools utilized for this procedure.
Manicure and Pedicure: What Does It Mean?
Manicure and pedicure is a hand and leg wellness service that ensures that the hand, legs, and nails are in good condition. Overall the service is meant to ensure that your nails, foot, and hand skins are perfectly healthy. All these various processes are a great way of maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
However, these cannot be possible without the right tools to move smoothly and effectively. It is why many professional nail technicians ensure that they get the best nail supplies and tools to help them carry out their duties in the most effective manner.
If you’re wondering where you can find these tools to help you conduct your manicure and pedicure services, you can find some nail supplies online, or you could choose to get them in a cosmetic store. However, you might want to consider which of these nail supplies online are essential for your manicure and pedicure operations.
Manicure Products and Tools
One of the first things a manicure specialist should have in mind is making sure that there is a comfortable working chair for the client to sit in during the manicuring process.
It is very vital for the client that you are working to be comfortable for you to be able to get the best results. The following are the essential tools and products that will help you perform your manicuring duties perfectly:
- Acetone: The purpose of this product is to help you clean off polish from the nails while manicuring. They are also used to remove residual dirt from the nails during the procedure.
- Lotion: Every manicuring expert needs to make sure to use lotion as a means of moisturizing.
- Cuticle pusher: This tool aims to draw the skin away from the nails.
- Cuticle scissors: A nail technician makes use of cuticle scissors for trimming the cuticles.
- Nail polish: Nail polish plays a vital role in ensuring that the nails turn out to be stunning and well protected after manicuring.
- Nail paint brush: This tool helps nail technicians carry out nail art designing on the nails.
- Nipper tool: It is used for making sure hangnails are perfectly trimmed.
- Cuticle oil: This product is the perfect moisturizing agent for the skin.
Pedicure Products and Tools
There’s also a wide variety of tools and products that help with pedicuring, and they are as follows:
- Foot spa: For soaking the feet during or after a pedicure.
- Acetone: As earlier mentioned in the manicure section, Acetone is also an essential product utilized to remove nail polish and residue. It is also applicable in pedicure procedures.
- Foot scrub or exfoliator: This tool is used for scrubbing the feet to help remove callouses and skin excesses.
- Nail file: This type of file is used for the filing of calluses.
- Two divider: This tool helps keep your toes apart from each other, especially when you’re working on one of them.
- Bamber stick: It is used for removing excessive callouses.
- Cooling feet soaker: For keeping the foot cool and relaxed.
Take note that the tools like cuticle oil, acetone, nail polish, nail paintbrush, cuticle pusher, nipper tools, and cuticle scissors are also utilized in pedicuring.
Nail Artistic Design Products
During the process of carrying out manicure and pedicure duties, most clients request artistic designs for their nails, and this is where nail arts come in. So it’s vital to know nail arts as a nail technician because you might come across a client who might want to try it on their newly done nails. Some good examples of the tools used in nail arts are:
- Dotting tool is used for drawing arts on the nails.
- Nail art tape is used for creating designs.
- Manicure tweezers are essential tools for holding and applying decals when applying nail arts on your nails.
- Polish removing pad is used to remove tough glitter nail products from your nails
- Matte topcoat helps to make your nail polish glitter.
- Polish correction pen is used to clean off any mistake you created when drawing nail arts.
- Tip brush is an essential tool to help you create thin lines when decorating your nails.
The knowledge of manicure or pedicure is vital if you intend to succeed in the business. There are various skills and techniques you can use to carry out these procedures, but it is also crucial to have the right tools and products that will help you get the job done. You can always refer to this article to know some of the essential tools you need to carry out nail services.